Who We Are…
Jeffersonton Baptist Church in VA is a conservative Bible-believing church that God has preserved for over 232 years in the Village of Jeffersonton. We are affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, which is the largest protestant denomination in the U.S. We are also part of SBC Conservatives of Virginia. Our tithes and offerings support thousands of missionaries in this country and over 120 nations across the world.
What We Do…
Our purpose and goal is to share the love of God as revealed in Jesus Christ to those in the Jeffersonton, VA community, state, nation, and throughout the world. This is done in obedience to the words of Matthew 28:18-20.
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age.”
What We Believe…
- The scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are divinely inspired of God in the original writings and they are the supreme and final authority to all matters of doctrine, faith, and conduct for all Christians.
- The Trinity of God as He is revealed in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Salvation is a free gift from God available to all who repent of their sins and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior based on the words of John 3:16 and Romans 10:4-10.
- Upon accepting Jesus Christ, one is eternally secure as promised by 2 Timothy 1:12.
- Jesus Christ will return for His church and that all true believers will reign with Him forever based on 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.
- The ordinance of Baptism by immersion and the ordinance of the Lord’s Supper. We believe the Bible teaches the bread and juice used in the observance of the Lord’s Supper is symbolic of the body and blood of Jesus Christ.
- Marriage is one man and one woman as stated in the Bible, God’s holy inspired word.
We accept as members into fellowship, all who profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, and have been or are willing to be baptized by immersion. We also welcome transfer of letter from other churches that hold similar beliefs.